Sunday, October 16, 2011

Friend vs. Fag Hag

Fag Hag: A fag hag is generally thought to be either an ugly woman who cannot attract a straight man or a woman who is in love with gay men. Fag hags aren't portrayed on as being equal to their gay friend; it's more like they are their fans or sidekicks.


Friend: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.


Even though I might have loved gay men in the past, and I find it difficult to attract a straight man, I still have hope. I do see it as a blessing that I have several dear gay friends, but I definitely didn't seek out this lifestyle for myself. It just happened to me!


I didn't write this, but I know how she feels:  Not all women who have gay friends are fag hags.
When my friend called me his fag hag, I was highly offended. I don't prefer the company of gay men. I'm not a fag hag. And I don't appreciate being called that. We're supposed to be friends, equal friends. I'm no one's sidekick. He seemed disappointed when I told him this, which only made me angrier.
Why are gays disappointed to have a straight female friend? 
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/Aternyde2/faghags.html

1 comment: