Monday, July 5, 2010

Mike Posner: Speed of Sound


Mike Posner's 'Cooler Than Me' is fabulous and doing well on the charts, but I am obsessed with 'Speed of Sound'. This song is basically the story of my life right now.

"My ma keeps telling me
I better stay in school
But when that ends, Lord knows
I don't know what I'm going to do"

I'm graduating in August (JUST over a month away now) and I have no idea what to do. I may have gotten a job, but I don't know (how does that even happen??) and even if I did get it, the pay is crap.

"Cause everytime I blink now
Another day rolls by
It's getting harder not to think about
All the things on my mind"

Too true. The days are going by MUCH too fast. Summer, please slow down and last forever. When you are gone I have nothing. Not even a place to live.

"My friends keep telling me
How much they believe in me
I wish that I saw the things that they see in me"

Friends, keep tellin' me. I need it. Love you.

Mike:

No comments:

Post a Comment