Monday, September 28, 2009

Boohbah



This is probably the weirdest thing I have ever watched in my entire life. I was over at my aunt's house yesterday, and I mentioned Yo Gabba Gabba, which I had watched in class last week, and that got on the topic of Boohbah, which is even more bizarre! I didn't think that was possible. Are kids benefitting AT ALL from watching creepy weird shows like this? Sure, kids might like bright colors and weird music, but I don't see the point of this show. Baby Einstein beats this by a million miles.

From Wikipedia:
The Boohbahs are five furry, gumdrop-shaped creatures played by actors in full body costumes. Their thick, shimmery fur sparkles with tiny lights; their Kewpie doll style heads are hairless and feature big eyes with rows of lights for eyebrows. They do not speak, but instead make noises like squeaks, squeals, and clicks. The Boohbahs can retract their heads into their furry necks. Each Boohbah is a different color. They are:

Humbah (Yellow)
Zumbah (Purple)
Zing Zing Zingbah (Orange)
Jumbah (Blue)
Jingbah (Red)
The Boohbahs can fly; part of their routine is to assemble into a circle, holding hands like skydivers. Each then emits a different musical note as a flash of colored light (matching the Boohbah's color) is sent out from their heads to a central point.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Even that picture freaks me out. What are they supposed to be learning from this? They're just dancing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks scary. I don't think I'd let my kids watch this! :)

    ReplyDelete